Supported Independent Living

What is Supported Independent Living?

Adults who have been involved in the main teaching unit, and have learned the skills necessary to live fairly independently, may access the semi-independent living townhouses (when space is available). Ideally, individuals will share these 3-bedroom townhouse units with friends. The proximity of the townhouses to the Main Teaching Unit allows individuals to receive support as needed and provides easy access to a variety of social and recreational programs.

Support may include help with budgeting, developing a personalized daily/weekly schedule, individual counseling and/or assistance with doctor visits.

Periodically space may be available in these units to adults who are living elsewhere in the community if they have the required skills and do not need high levels of support.

Participants involved in this program must have a diagnosis of ASD. All of these individuals must be able to and willing to participate in a group environment, and must be able to move through the program to higher levels of independent living requiring decreased staffing inputs.

This program is only available to individuals living within the Hamilton region.

For More Information

To get information about adult developmental services and supports, eligibility or to make a referral, please call Developmental Services Ontario HNR at 1.877.376.4674 or visit

To contact the program directly please call 905-575-7355

Woodview Mental Health and Autism Services
69 Flatt Road
Burlington, ON L7P 0T3

Halton: (905) 689-4727
Hamilton: (905) 689-4727
Brant: (519) 752-5308
Charitable Registration Number: