Job Location: Brantford
Program: Mental Health Services – Office-Based Counselling
Job Type: Full-time, permanent (Salary $58,835)
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Reports To: Clinical Manager
Office-Based Social Worker
Job Location: Brantford
What We Do
Woodview Mental Health & Autism Services offers a broad spectrum of services for children, youth and their families facing mental health challenges. We work in direct partnership with children, youth and their families as well as with schools and social service agencies to ensure families are receiving the support they need, when and where they need it.
“We are committed to providing individualized, client-centred services and supports based on our values of accountability, respecting others, working together, leading, innovation and learning and our commitment to staff”.
Woodview goes above and beyond to engage individuals and families by providing high quality mental health and autism services and supports that inspires hope and strengthens lives.
Working at Woodview
In 2018, 2019, and 2020, Woodview won the Canadian Non-profit Employer of Choice award with an overall assessment score of 85% (industry benchmark: 68%) demonstrating a high level of staff engagement, satisfaction and an overall positive workplace culture. Top rated categories at Woodview included: Personal Enjoyment, Reputation, Leadership, Employee Engagement and Management/Employee Relations.
“I am proud to be working here” – 97% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“My organization encourages fun and enjoyment” – 94% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“Woodview encourages a supportive team culture” – 96% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
- A meaningful job that inspires hope and strengthens lives
- A positive culture and supportive environment that offers flexibility
- A comprehensive benefits package including extended healthcare and dental coverage as well as a RRSP contribution program
- A generous vacation entitlement (entry-level full-time employees can expect to receive 3 weeks paid vacation to start)
- A commitment to wellness in the workplace as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities
Job Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Providing strength-based collaborative mental health services to children, adolescents and families in the context of a multi-disciplinary team as determined by the needs of the client, the policies and practices of Woodview Mental Health & Autism Services and the skills of the Social Worker. Services include assessment, individual counselling (brief and long-term), crisis intervention, family and group counselling.
- Acting as liaison with community services and agencies as determined by the treatment plan and program requirements as a representative of Woodview when delegated.
- Maintaining all records and reports as required by Woodview’s policies and procedures.
- Participating in all appropriate case conferences, staff meetings, team meetings, etc.
- Being accessible and accountable to the team members and to participate in regular supervision processes.
- Must have BSW or MSW and registration in OCSWSSW or Masters in a related field and membership in the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario or equivalent pertinent work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge and experience with assessment and treatment planning, therapeutic approaches, solution focused/brief therapy, case management, crisis intervention, group and family therapy
- A demonstrated ability to work from a strength-based, collaborative perspective with clients and families
- DBT and CBT knowledge is required
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work flexible hours *This position includes 2 evenings with potential of Saturday hours
- Strong ability to communicate concise, accurate information in verbal and written reporting
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job (written/verbal/implied)
- Strong organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Certification in the following considered an asset: NVCI, ASIST, First Aid and CPR
- Current Police Check, including vulnerable screening
- Valid driver’s license and daily use of a reliable vehicle; Class F license an asset
- Second language an asset
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to Lindsay Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org (including the job title “Office-Based Social Worker” in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.