June 23, 2020
We're getting ready to welcome you back for face to face appointments!
We are happy to announce that starting July 6th, we will begin a gradual re-opening of some of our locations to be able to support our clients and families with scheduled face to face appointments!
To ensure everyone’s safety, our re-opening of buildings will be a phased-in approach and in line with the province’s re-opening plan.
Over the course of the pandemic, we’ve been working hard to prepare for a return to face to face appointments. Clients and families will continue to have the option to visit us in person for an appointment or to continue to receive support by phone or video, whichever is most comfortable for you.
Please note that at this time, home visits, in-person groups, camps, and school programming will not be available until further notice.
Clients and families will receive program-specific information from their worker.
Your new experience at Woodview locations
The safety and well-being of our clients, families, and staff are our top priority. Following the guidelines put in place by Public Health, here’s what we’re doing to keep you and our staff safe:
Maintaining Physical Distancing and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The importance of physical distancing remains in effect. We are asked to keep 2 meters (6 feet) from one another. When this is not possible, Public Health recommends the use of PPE. To support these guidelines and promote physical distancing, the following steps have been put in place:
- Access to the building by staff and clients is being limited. We are achieving this by staggering staff work hours and client appointment times. There will be limits to the number of clients per program at one time, and staggered entry and exit to the building of both staff and clients.
- Meeting rooms have been set up to ensure that physical distancing can be maintained.
- Signage can be found throughout the building to promote physical distancing.
- Front-entry seating has been re organized, with some seating removed, to ensure physical distancing.
- All staff have been provided with and trained in the appropriate use of PPE. When physical distancing cannot be maintained, staff will wear and provide the appropriate PPE.
- Staff and clients are screened prior to entering the building for symptoms of COVID-19.
Woodview has taken the following measures to meet Public Health sanitizing guidelines:
- Installed multiple hand sanitizing stations.
- Paper products, plastic toys, electronics have been removed from our front-entry areas.
- All “public rooms” in our building will be properly sanitized before and after meetings.
- Signs have been placed throughout our buildings describing proper hand washing practices, and proper sneezing/coughing techniques to reduce spread of the virus.
If you have any questions, please call:
Hamilton & Halton
We’ll also provide updates on our website and on social media.
We can’t wait to see you again soon!