Job Location: Halton
Program: Halton Intensive Program
Job Type: Full-Time Contract (1 year maternity leave)
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: December 23, 2022
Reports To: Program Manager
Job Location: Halton
What We Do
Woodview Mental Health & Autism Services offers a broad spectrum of services for children, youth and their families facing mental health challenges. We work in direct partnership with children, youth and their families as well as with schools and social service agencies to ensure families are receiving the support they need, when and where they need it.
“We are committed to providing individualized, client-centred services and supports based on our values of accountability, respecting others, working together, leading, innovation and learning and our commitment to staff”.
Woodview goes above and beyond to engage individuals and families by providing high quality mental health and autism services and supports that inspires hope and strengthens lives.
Working at Woodview
In 2018, 2019, and 2020, Woodview won the Canadian Non-profit Employer of Choice award with an overall assessment score of 85% (industry benchmark: 68%) demonstrating a high level of staff engagement, satisfaction and an overall positive workplace culture. Top rated categories at Woodview included: Personal Enjoyment, Reputation, Leadership, Employee Engagement and Management/Employee Relations.
“I am proud to be working here” – 97% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“My organization encourages fun and enjoyment” – 94% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“Woodview encourages a supportive team culture” – 96% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
- A meaningful job that inspires hope and strengthens lives
- A positive culture and supportive environment that offers flexibility
- A comprehensive benefits package including extended healthcare and dental coverage as well as a RRSP contribution program
- A generous vacation entitlement (entry-level full-time employees can expect to receive 3 weeks paid vacation to start)
- A commitment to wellness in the workplace as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities
Job Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Providing Intensive home, school and community-based assessment and treatment intervention for children in Halton (ages 6-12) identified with mental health needs, and their families.
- Service coordination and collaboration in developing individualized goal-focused treatment plans.
- Providing consultation, support and training to families, schools and other agencies.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the need(s) of the families (at least 2-3 evenings per week).
- The Outreach Worker may also be asked to help support our day treatment programs and wait list clinic, from time to time.
- Must have Child Youth Worker Diploma or equivalent working experience in related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in related field
- Experience working with families
- Ability to work from a strength-based, collaborative perspective
- Ability to work flexible hours-must be able to work 2-3 evenings per week
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skills in assessment, treatment and crisis intervention
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Computer skills
- Current Police Check, including vulnerable screening
- Second language is an asset
- NVCI Certification or equivalent
- Asset if the candidate is a member of a regulated collage.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (including the job title in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.