Job Location: Halton (Burlington)
Program: Woodview Learning Centre
Job Type: Hourly Contract until June 23rd, 2023 (32 hours per week guaranteed, up to 40 hrs)
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: January 23, 2023 @ 5pm
Reports To: Program Manager
Job Location: Halton (Burlington)
What We Do
Woodview Mental Health & Autism Services offers a broad spectrum of services for children, youth and their families facing mental health challenges. We work in direct partnership with children, youth and their families as well as with schools and social service agencies to ensure families are receiving the support they need, when and where they need it.
“We are committed to providing individualized, client-centred services and supports based on our values of accountability, respecting others, working together, leading, innovation and learning and our commitment to staff”.
Woodview goes above and beyond to engage individuals and families by providing high quality mental health and autism services and supports that inspires hope and strengthens lives.
Working at Woodview
In 2018, 2019, and 2020, Woodview won the Canadian Non-profit Employer of Choice award with an overall assessment score of 85% (industry benchmark: 68%) demonstrating a high level of staff engagement, satisfaction and an overall positive workplace culture. Top rated categories at Woodview included: Personal Enjoyment, Reputation, Leadership, Employee Engagement and Management/Employee Relations.
“I am proud to be working here” – 97% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“My organization encourages fun and enjoyment” – 94% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“Woodview encourages a supportive team culture” – 96% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
- A meaningful job that inspires hope and strengthens lives
- A positive culture and supportive environment that offers flexibility
- A commitment to wellness in the workplace as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities
Job Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
Woodview Learning Centre is currently seeking a qualified, skilled and experienced individual to deliver Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) based in our School Readiness Program in the Halton Region. This position is hourly (32-40 hours per week). The start date for this position is ASAP.
Instructors work 1:1, 2:1 or 3:1 with children and youth with autism. Service hours are generally Monday to Friday from 8:00-4:00. Working as a part of a team, the Instructor is responsible for implementing programs under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor and Resource Teacher. The Instructor is responsible for keeping accurate data, graphing, and for preparing and creating materials for clients. The Clinical Supervisor and teacher will collaborate with the Instructor to ensure they provide quality and supportive programming, in addition to contributing to a positive and team-based working environment.
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis obtained by special training.
- Minimum 6 months practical/applied experience in the field of ABA.
- Professional experience working with children with autism.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized university or community college in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology, CYW, Education or equivalent.
NOTE: Only those possessing the skills listed under “Required Qualification” will be considered.
- Current certification in RBT or willingness to pursue.
- Practical experience in collecting, graphing and analyzing data.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Curriculum and grade level expectations.
- Current certification in first aid, CPR, non-violent crisis prevention intervention would be an asset.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to email@example.com (including the job title “Instructor” in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.