Job Location: Brantford
Program: Mental Health – Targeted Prevention
Job Type: Full-Time Contract (3 month: January 9 to March 31, 2023)
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: January 9, 2023
Application Deadline: December 21, 2022 @ 5pm
Reports To: Program Manager
Job Location: Brantford
What We Do
Woodview Mental Health & Autism Services offers a broad spectrum of services for children, youth and their families facing mental health challenges. We work in direct partnership with children, youth and their families as well as with schools and social service agencies to ensure families are receiving the support they need, when and where they need it.
“We are committed to providing individualized, client-centred services and supports based on our values of accountability, respecting others, working together, leading, innovation and learning and our commitment to staff”.
Woodview goes above and beyond to engage individuals and families by providing high quality mental health and autism services and supports that inspires hope and strengthens lives.
Working at Woodview
In 2018, 2019, and 2020, Woodview won the Canadian Non-profit Employer of Choice award with an overall assessment score of 85% (industry benchmark: 68%) demonstrating a high level of staff engagement, satisfaction and an overall positive workplace culture. Top rated categories at Woodview included: Personal Enjoyment, Reputation, Leadership, Employee Engagement and Management/Employee Relations.
“I am proud to be working here” – 97% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“My organization encourages fun and enjoyment” – 94% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“Woodview encourages a supportive team culture” – 96% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
- A meaningful job that inspires hope and strengthens lives
- A positive culture and supportive environment that offers flexibility
- A commitment to wellness in the workplace as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities
- Facilitation of workshops and psychoeducational training sessions.
- Working in the office, home, school and community to provide parenting support.
- A focus of the role is to support the implementation of client goal-focused treatment plans in collaboration with clinician and /or managers.
- Provide consultation, support and training to families, schools and other agencies, if needed.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of families.
Job Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Providing strength-based, collaborative mental health services to parent and families including: assessment, individual counselling, crisis intervention, family and group counselling, work within the context of a multidisciplinary team, work within the policies and practices of the Centre and the skills of the Family worker.
- Provide parent support for clients and families
- Acting as liaison with community services and agencies as determined by the treatment plan and program requirements, and as a representative of the Centre when delegated.
- Maintaining all records and reports as required by the Centre’s policies and procedures.
- Participating in all appropriate case conferences, service coordination meetings, staff meetings, team meetings, etc.
- To being accessible and accountable to the team members and to participate in regular supervision processes.
- DBT, CBT, EFFT knowledge is required
- Diploma and/or Degree in a related field.
- Knowledge and experience with assessment and treatment planning, therapeutic approaches, solution focused/brief therapy, case management, crisis intervention, group and family work • Minimum of three years’ experience in a related field
- Computer skills
- Ability to work from a strength-based, collaborative perspective
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Current police check
- Valid driver’s license and a daily use of your own vehicle
- Second language is an asset
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (including the job title “Family Worker” in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.