Job Location: Burlington
Program: Woodview Learning Centre
Job Type: 10 month full time Contracts from August 30, 2021 to June 24, 2022
Number of Positions: Up to 3
Start Date: August 30, 2021
Posting Date: July 28, 2021
Application Deadline: August 9, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Reports To: Program Manager
Instructor (Woodview Learning Centre)
Job Location: Burlington
- An understanding of the abilities, needs and challenges for students with ASD.
- An understanding of effective instructional strategies and behaviour management techniques to assist children with ASD.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Curriculum and grade level expectations.
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis obtained by special training (Bachelor Degree or Diploma)
- Professional experience working with children with ASD.
- The ability to support, manage and effectively work with behaviourly challenged students with ASD in a classroom and community environment (working in groups ranging from 3:1 to 1:1 ratio).
- The ability to implement an established and comprehensive Individual Education Plan (IEP) that states clear and measurable performance goals for individual students.
- The ability to assess, evaluate and modify the goals and prescribed practices within the IEP to ensure student success.
- The ability to assess student performance and maintain up-to-date and accurate records of individual student performance and development.
- The ability to develop and deliver a program that conforms to the Ontario Curriculum guidelines.
- Assist clients with all aspects of personal care, promote client safety, assist with transitions and provide support.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, parents and community resources.
- A high level of energy, commitment, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized university or community college in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology, CYW, Education or equivalent.
- Specific professional knowledge of and experience working with individuals with ASD.
- Minimum 6 months practical/applied experience in the field of ABA or IBI.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and excellent driving record to drive students to different outings.
- Valid G license and dependable car mandatory (F license an asset).
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to email@example.com (including the job title in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.