Job Location: Halton Region
Program: Halton Intensive Program
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: January 4, 2021
Application Deadline: November 25, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Reports To: Program Manager
Job Location: Halton Region
Specific Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Providing strength-based, collaborative mental health services to children, adolescents and families including: assessment, individual counselling, crisis intervention, family and group counselling, work within the context of a multidisciplinary team, work within the policies and practices of the Centre and the skills of the Social Worker/family worker.
- Providing virtual support to families through individual counselling and/or facilitating groups (child, parent and family groups) through a secure virtual platform
- Providing in-office counselling and in-home counselling/coaching, as required
- Providing parent support for clients and families in our day treatment programs
- Acting as a liaison with community services and agencies as determined by the treatment plan and program requirements, and as a representative of the Centre when delegated.
- Maintaining all records and reports as required by the Centre’s policies and procedures.
- Participating in all appropriate case conferences, service coordination meetings, staff meetings, team meetings, etc.
- Being accessible and accountable to the team members and to participate in regular supervision processes.
- DBT and CBT knowledge is required
- Preferred MSW and registration in the College, CRPO, or equivalent pertinent work experience
- In good standing with the Ontario association of Social Workers & Social Service Workers or affiliated college
- Knowledge and experience with assessment and treatment planning, variety of therapeutic approaches, virtual counselling, case management, crisis intervention, group facilitation and family work
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a related field
- Computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work from a strength-based, collaborative perspective
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Current police check & vulnerable sector screening
- Valid driver’s license and a daily use of your own vehicle
- NVCI training, First Aid, Interrai Chymh, ASIST and second language are assets
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to Jeff Truswell at email@example.com (including the job title in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews will be completed virtually
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.