Job Location: Burlington
Program: Woodview Learning Centre
Job Type: Full Time Contract Sept 8/20 to June 18/21
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: September 8, 2020
Posting Date: July 31, 2020
Application Deadline: August 24, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Reports To: Program Manager
Personal Support Worker (Woodview Learning Centre)
Job Location: Burlington
- An understanding of the abilities, needs and challenges for students with ASD.
- An understanding of effective instructional strategies and behaviour management techniques to assist children with ASD.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Curriculum and grade level expectations.
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis obtained by special training (Bachelor Degree or Diploma).
- Professional experience working with children with ASD.
- The ability to support, manage and effectively work with behaviourally challenged students with ASD in a classroom and community environment (working in groups ranging from 4:1 to 1:1 ratio).
- The ability to assess, evaluate and modify the goals and prescribed practices within the IEP to ensure student success.
- The ability to assess student performance and maintain up-to-date and accurate records of individual student performance and development.
- Assist clients with all aspects of personal care, promote client safety, assist with transitions and provide support.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, parents and community resources.
- A high level of energy, commitment, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized university or community college in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders, Educational Assistance, Special Needs Support Program, Personal Support Worker or equivalent.
- Specific professional knowledge of and experience working with individuals with ASD.
- Preference will be given to those with practical/applied experience in the field of ABA or IBI.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and excellent driving record to drive students to different outings.
- Valid G license and dependable car mandatory (F license an asset).
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (including the job title in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.