Job Location: Halton
Program: Mental Health Services – Halton Counselling & Outreach
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: May 2, 2022
Reports To: Program Manager
Job Location: Halton
What We Do
Woodview Mental Health & Autism Services offers a broad spectrum of services for children, youth and their families facing mental health challenges. We work in direct partnership with children, youth and their families as well as with schools and social service agencies to ensure families are receiving the support they need, when and where they need it.
“We are committed to providing individualized, client-centred services and supports based on our values of accountability, respecting others, working together, leading, innovation and learning and our commitment to staff”.
Woodview goes above and beyond to engage individuals and families by providing high quality mental health and autism services and supports that inspires hope and strengthens lives.
Working at Woodview
In 2018, 2019, and 2020, Woodview won the Canadian Non-profit Employer of Choice award with an overall assessment score of 85% (industry benchmark: 68%) demonstrating a high level of staff engagement, satisfaction and an overall positive workplace culture. Top rated categories at Woodview included: Personal Enjoyment, Reputation, Leadership, Employee Engagement and Management/Employee Relations.
“I am proud to be working here” – 97% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“My organization encourages fun and enjoyment” – 94% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“Woodview encourages a supportive team culture” – 96% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
- A meaningful job that inspires hope and strengthens lives
- A positive culture and supportive environment that offers flexibility
- A comprehensive benefits package including extended healthcare and dental coverage as well as a RRSP contribution program
- A generous vacation entitlement (entry-level full-time employees can expect to receive 3 weeks paid vacation to start)
- A commitment to wellness in the workplace as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities
Job Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Providing home, school and community based assessment and treatment for children identified with mental health needs or behavioural concerns
- Providing consultation, support and training to parents and schools
- Chairing Service Coordination meetings as required
- Travel throughout the Halton Region
- Maintaining all records and reports as required by Woodview’s policies and procedures
- Facilitating Treatment Groups as required i.e. co–facilitating YODA and Parent YODA, running a Social Skills group, Anxiety group , classroom presentation during Mental Health Week
- Current member in good standing of CRPO or OCSSSW
- Minimum of 3 years providing treatment to youth with mental health needs, including at least one year of psychotherapy
- Ability to work flexible hours, including 2 evenings per week as needed
- Valid driver’s license and daily use of own vehicle
- Valid police check
- Experience with Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Behaviour Management Skills an asset
- Ability to manage time and caseload independently as well as function as supportive member of treatment team
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (including the job title “Halton Outreach Worker” in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.