Job Location: Brantford
Program: Brantford / Brant Ontario Health Team
Job Type: Temporary, Full Time (until June 30, 2022)
Department: OHT Secretariat
Number of Positions: 1
Posting Date: June 23, 2021
Application Deadline: July 7, 2021
Employer: Grand River Community Health Centre
Site: Currently virtual, some travel to partner locations may be required
Project Manager, Digital Health
Job Location: Brantford
Brantford / Brant Ontario Health Team
Working together so people across Brantford Brant are able to get the information, support and access to services that they need to live healthy lives for as long as possible.
The Brantford Brant Ontario Health Team (BBOHT) was approved by the Ministry of Health on October 16, 2020. There are currently 14 signatory agencies spanning the health care and community service continuum in Brantford and Brant County. The BBOHT’s strategy is grounded in population health with the aim to improve health outcomes and patient experience for the priority focus areas of addictions and mental health, dementia care and homelessness in Year 1. Additionally, the OHT is embarking on a digital health strategy to facilitate care coordination and information transfer. A strong connection and partnerships with the Indigenous population at the Six Nations of the Grand River, Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and the urban Indigenous population is foundational work of the BBOHT.
The Grand River Community Health Centre is the host organization for the Project Manager, Digital Health for the Brantford Brant Ontario Health Team.
The Project Manager, Digital Health (PM) will report to the Director, Brantford Brant Ontario Health Team and be part of the BBOHT Secretariat (backbone support) that is accountable to the BBOHT Executive Leadership Group. The PM is responsible for planning, operationalizing and implementing the BBOHT Digital Health strategy, by coordinating the development, implementation and evaluation of OHT work plans. In this role, the PM will also provide operational and project management support to the BBOHT Digital Health work group. Currently, the BBOHT Digital Health strategy includes:
- Creating a process for patients and primary care providers to electronically book appointments
for diagnostic testing at the Brant Community Healthcare System and community mental
health programs offered by the BBOHT
- Develop common standards for virtual visit technology and care processes
- Increase adoption of a regional patient portal to enhance access to health information for patients
- Explore implementation of integrated decision support technology across BBOHT partners
- Provide leadership and project management to support the development and implementation of BBOHT work plans, with specific support to digital health.
- Develop project plans and manage implementation of new initiatives.
- Develops and supports the BBOHT communication strategy and provides regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement structures, processes, and tools to enable integrated delivery of results.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to promote alignment and coordination of priority work streams, offering project leadership to system-level initiatives.
- Develop effective and collaborative working relationships with the members of the BBOHT partners, Ontario Health, the Ministry of Health and relevant internal/external stakeholders to ensure the continuity of relationships, information exchange, and for planning, implementation and operations.
- Identify key partnership opportunities and develop business cases to advance organizational priorities.
- Develop and maintain operations of programs with key stakeholders.
- Continuously monitor progress and outcomes across project activities.
- Identify, escalate and manage risks, including ensuring ongoing risk tracking and management and providing direction on risk mitigation strategies.
- Fosters partner engagement and nurtures and supports change management, while guiding his/her teams through complicated change.
- Contribute to safe, quality care by managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addresses and resolves issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercises sound professional judgment and uses best practice guidelines.
- Contributes to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary degree and/or MBA, MHA in a health-related field preferred.
- Proven project management experience (PMP an asset).
- 3 – 5 years of project management, analyst or related experience.
- Experience with leading strategy development.
- Experience with developing and managing budgeting and reporting.
- Experience in partnership development, including engagement and partnership contracts, an asset.
- Prior working experience developing and implementing project plans, programs, support tools, and processes in healthcare setting
- Expertise in project management processes and best practices as well as corporate level project and program reporting.
- Experience with measurement and evaluation of program outcomes.
- Experience in leading engagement of large, cross-functional teams across organizations is an asset.
- Enthusiastic, creative, and results-oriented leader with the ability to inspire and motivate people and a proven ability to develop and foster strong stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent change management skills, with strong ability to coach and mentor team members through change.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written, verbal communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications, notably Microsoft Office.
- A clear commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and anti-racism.
- Strong understanding of healthcare in Ontario.