Job Location: Brantford
Program: Brantford / Brant Ontario Health Team
Job Type: Temporary, Full Time (until June 30, 2022)
Department: OHT Secretariat
Number of Positions: 1
Posting Date: June 23, 2021
Application Deadline: July 7, 2021
Employer: Grand River Community Health Centre
Site: Grand River Community Health Centre, some travel to partner locations may be required
Job Location: Brantford
Brantford / Brant Ontario Health Team
The Brantford Brant Ontario Health Team (BBOHT) was approved by the Ministry of Health on October 16, 2020. There are currently 14 signatory agencies spanning the health care and community service continuum in Brantford and Brant County. The BBOHT’s strategy is grounded in population health with the aim to improve health outcomes and patient experience for the priority focus areas of addictions and mental health, dementia care and homelessness in Year 1. Additionally, the OHT is embarking on a digital health strategy to facilitate care coordination and information transfer. A strong connection and partnerships with the Indigenous population at the Six Nations of the Grand River, Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and the urban Indigenous population is foundational work of the BBOHT.
The Grand River Community Health Centre is the host organization for the Administrative Assistant for the Brantford Brant Ontario Health Team.
This position will be part of the OHT Secretariat and provide administrative support to the Brantford Brant Ontario Health Team (BBOHT).
- Provides confidential senior executive support to the OHT Director
- Supports the activities of the various working groups and committees that are part of the BBOHT Leadership structure
- Responsible for all routine administrative details including filing, ordering supplies, record-keeping, required reporting, and maintaining updated contact lists
- Monitor and track financial expenditures of the BBOHT
- Calendar management support to the OHT Director and OHT Secretariat staff by scheduling appointments, avoiding time conflicts, and preparing advance meeting materials
- Provides research, business analysis and evaluation and provides information, advice and recommendations to decision-makers
- Assists in the development of reports and presentations
- Supports regular communication with a wide variety of BBOHT partners and members, including but not limited to: internal project memos, external announcements, and workshop planning and registrations.
- Act as the point of contact for general inquiries about the BBOHT and make referrals appropriately. This could include phone, email, or website questions.
- Attend meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Provide planning and preparation support for large group activities (virtual and in-person, if possible)
- Make recommendations on strategies to improve efficiencies in supporting the work of the OHT Secretariat
Skills and Experience
- Graduate of approved post-secondary Office Assistant/Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator program an asset.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience. Experience working in healthcare and interdisciplinary teams an asset.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability provide administrative support to multiple projects and stakeholders while constantly adjusting priorities.
- Ability to take concise and accurate meeting minutes and format agendas
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including, ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with diverse groups of stakeholders, including patients, front-line healthcare providers, community agencies, and healthcare administrators Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organization skills, effective verbal and written communications skills, tactfulness and diplomacy skills
- Time management skills
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent computer/technology skills, specifically proficient in Microsoft Office suite, i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc, and running virtual meetings (i.e. Zoom) and using online collaborative sharing platforms (i.e. Dropbox)