Job Location: Brantford
Program: Office Based Counselling
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Number of Positions: 2
Start Date: TBD
Posting Date: August 10, 2020
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Reports To: Clinical Manager
Office Based Social Worker
Job Location: Brantford
Specific Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Providing strength-based collaborative mental health services to children, adolescents and families in the context of a multi-disciplinary team as determined by the needs of the client, the policies and practices of Woodview Mental Health and Autism Services and the skills of the Social Worker. Services include assessment, individual counselling (brief and long-term), urgent intervention, family and group counselling.
- Working with teens up to 17 years old.
- Acting as liaison with community services and agencies as determined by the treatment plan and program requirements as a representative of Woodview when delegated.
- Maintaining all records and reports as required by Woodview’s policies and procedures.
- Participating in all appropriate case conferences, staff meetings, team meetings, etc.
- Being accessible and accountable to the team members and to participate in regular supervision processes.
- Must have BSW or MSW and registration in OCSWSSW or Masters in a related field and membership in the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario or equivalent pertinent work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge and experience with assessment and treatment planning, therapeutic approaches, solution focused/brief therapy, case management, crisis intervention, group and family therapy
- A demonstrated ability to work from a strength-based, collaborative perspective with clients and families
- DBT and CBT knowledge is required
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work flexible hours *This position includes 2 evenings with potential of Saturday hours
- Strong ability to communicate concise, accurate information in verbal and written reporting
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job (written/verbal/implied)
- Strong organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Certification in the following considered an asset: NVCI, ASIST, First Aid and CPR
- Current Police Check, including vulnerable screening
- Valid driver’s license and daily use of a reliable vehicle; Class F license an asset
- Second language an asset
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to Lindsay Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org (including the job title in the subject line), or by fax to 519-752-9102.
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.