Job Location: Acton
Program: Elementary Day Treatment (Mental Health Services)
Job Type: Contract (23 hours per week) until June 23, 2021
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: Immediate
Posting Date: March 4, 2021
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Reports To: Program Manager
Casual Relief Worker (Contract)
Job Location: Acton
Providing intensive support to a client with complex mental health needs in a day treatment setting. To work alongside regular day treatment staff to support client to participate in identified treatment activities. As well to create and participate in recreational and preferred activities with client in a 1:1 situation.
- Must have Child and Youth worker (CYW) diploma, or Social Service Worker (SSW) diploma or degree/diploma in related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in children’s mental health
- A demonstrated ability to work form a strength-based, collaborative perspective with clients with complex needs, including anxiety, depression, self-harm
- Implement client focused activities, responsive to the needs of clients
- Sound knowledge and /or experience in the mental health field and an ability to manage the emotional and behavioral needs of clients
- Demonstrated confidence, self-direction and sound judgment in the role of CYW
- Strong ability to communicate concise, accurate information in verbal and written reporting
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job (written/verbal/implied)
- NVCI or equivalent certification
- Current Police Check, including vulnerable screening
- Valid First Aid and CPR (an asset)
- Strong organizational, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Valid driver’s license and daily use of a reliable vehicle
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to email@example.com (including the job title in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.