Job Location: Burlington
Program: Woodview Learning Centre
Job Type: Full-Time Contract Until June 25, 2021
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: March 1, 2021
Posting Date: February 19, 2021
Application Deadline: February 26, 2021 @ 3:00 pm
Reports To: Program Manager
Autism Support Worker (Contract)
Job Location: Burlington
Woodview Learning Centre is currently seeking a qualified, skilled and experienced individual to deliver Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) based in our School Readiness Program in the Halton Region. This position is full time, hourly (40 hours per week). Potential to share the position (part time hour). The start date for this position is March 1st or ASAP.
Autism Support workers support students in a 1:1, 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. Service hours are generally Monday to Friday from 8:00-4:00. Working as a part of a team, the Autism Support Worker is responsible for supporting the implementation of programs under the supervision of the Instructor. The ASW assists clients with all aspects of personal care, promote client safety, assist with transitions and provide support in addition to contributing to a positive and team-based working environment.
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis obtained by special training.
- Minimum 6 months practical/applied experience in the field of ABA.
- Professional experience working with children with autism.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized university or community college in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology, CYW, Personal Support, or equivalent.
NOTE: Only those possessing the skills listed under “Required Qualification” will be considered.
- Current certification in RBT or willingness to pursue.
- Practical experience in collecting, graphing and analyzing data.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Curriculum and grade level expectations.
- Current certification in first aid, CPR, non-violent crisis prevention intervention would be an asset.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (including the job title in the subject line), or by fax to 519-752-9102.
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.