Job Location: Brantford
Program: Administration supporting all mental health programs
Job Type: Part-Time (0.5 FTE with possibility for additional hours)
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Posting Date: July 16, 2021
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Reports To: Office Coordinator
Job Location: Brantford
Job Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- General administrative responsibilities including photocopying/scanning documents, sending/receiving facsimile messages.
- Responds to all general inquiries including answering telephone calls, booking appointments and ensuring staff, volunteers, clients and visitors are greeted and directed to the appropriate resource in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Files/maintains a variety of electronic and hard copy documents, including client database and supplier/contractor files.
- Manages scheduling meeting spaces and agency vehicles.
- Communicates with clients and their families to book, confirm and make changes to appointment times.
- Liaises with Woodview IT consultants; generates electronic work order requests for IT issues that need to be resolved.
- Troubleshoots computer, phone system and conference phone system problems and coordinates service requests.
- Disseminates Health & Safety information such as the posting of emergency posters and guides, the updating of MSDS folders and Health & Safety policies and the maintenance of First Aid Kits.
- Incumbent must be aware of, and work in accordance with the rules and regulations set out by Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and AODA.
- Incumbent must remain committed to the continued objective of reducing risk of injury and occupational illness in the work place.
- Arranges catering for meetings, often picking up lunches and other supplies for meetings and training sessions.
- Attend committee meetings; take, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct work experience in an administrative assistant capacity
- College diploma in Business Administration or an applicable combination of education and progressively responsible experience
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management and multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
- Previous experience in discretely handling confidential or sensitive information; knowledge of applicable data privacy laws
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures, including filing systems and basic databases.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and presentation software. Experience with scheduling software/client databases is considered an asset
- Previous Health & Safety experience an asset
- Current Police Check, including vulnerable screening
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to Lindsay Craig at email@example.com (including the job title in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.