Job Location: Halton
Program: Halton Autism Services
Job Type: 6.0 FTE, 6 month contract (24 hours / week)
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: September 6, 2022
Application Deadline: August 5, 2022
Reports To: Program Manager
Job Location: Halton
Woodview’s Halton Autism Services is currently seeking a qualified, skilled and experienced individual to deliver Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) based services as part of our Halton Autism Services team.
What We Do
Woodview Mental Health & Autism Services offers a broad spectrum of services for children, youth and their families facing mental health challenges. We work in direct partnership with children, youth and their families as well as with schools and social service agencies to ensure families are receiving the support they need, when and where they need it.
“We are committed to providing individualized, client-centred services and supports based on our values of accountability, respecting others, working together, leading, innovation and learning and our commitment to staff”.
Woodview goes above and beyond to engage individuals and families by providing high quality mental health and autism services and supports that inspires hope and strengthens lives.
Working at Woodview
In 2018, 2019, and 2020, Woodview won the Canadian Non-profit Employer of Choice award with an overall assessment score of 85% (industry benchmark: 68%) demonstrating a high level of staff engagement, satisfaction and an overall positive workplace culture. Top rated categories at Woodview included: Personal Enjoyment, Reputation, Leadership, Employee Engagement and Management/Employee Relations.
“I am proud to be working here” – 97% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“My organization encourages fun and enjoyment” – 94% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“Woodview encourages a supportive team culture” – 96% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
- A meaningful job that inspires hope and strengthens lives
- A positive culture and supportive environment that offers flexibility
- A generous vacation entitlement
- A commitment to wellness in the workplace as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities
- RBT/BCBA Supervision available
Job Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Implement programs under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor and Senior Therapist.
- Work one-to-one and in small groups with children and youth with autism.
- Participate in family observations and facilitate Family Skill Development sessions in homes and in the community.
- Facilitate skills groups with diverse learners.
- Keep accurate data, graphing, update client notes and hours and prepare materials for clients.
- Manage challenging behaviours following NVCI principals and support medically fragile learners.
- Provide quality and supportive programming.
- Contribute to a positive and team-based working environment.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and Saturdays (as needed)
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis obtained by completion of the Autism and Behavioural Sciences certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 months practical/applied experience in the field of ABA.
- Professional experience working with children with autism.
- Registered Behaviour Technician is an asset (supervision will be provided to obtain and maintain active RBT status)
- Practical experience in collecting, graphing and analyzing data.
- Current certification in first aid, CPR, non-violent crisis prevention intervention (NVCI) would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate well with families, co-workers and supervisors.
- Capacity to navigate technology quickly and efficiently, including excel, google docs/sheets and various apps used for communication.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to Ashley Silva at email@example.com (including the job title in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.