Job Location: Halton
Program: Halton Autism Services – Ontario Autism Program, Entry to School
Job Type: Full-Time
Number of Positions: 2 (1 Georgetown, 1 Burlington)
Start Date: February 10, 2022
Application Deadline: January 16, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Reports To: Program Manager
Job Location: Halton
What We Do
Woodview Mental Health & Autism Services offers a broad spectrum of services for children, youth and their families facing mental health challenges. We work in direct partnership with children, youth and their families as well as with schools and social service agencies to ensure families are receiving the support they need, when and where they need it.
“We are committed to providing individualized, client-centred services and supports based on our values of accountability, respecting others, working together, leading, innovation and learning and our commitment to staff”.
Woodview goes above and beyond to engage individuals and families by providing high quality mental health and autism services and supports that inspires hope and strengthens lives.
Working at Woodview
In 2018, 2019, and 2020, Woodview won the Canadian Non-profit Employer of Choice award with an overall assessment score of 85% (industry benchmark: 68%) demonstrating a high level of staff engagement, satisfaction and an overall positive workplace culture. Top rated categories at Woodview included: Personal Enjoyment, Reputation, Leadership, Employee Engagement and Management/Employee Relations.
“I am proud to be working here” – 97% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“My organization encourages fun and enjoyment” – 94% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“Woodview encourages a supportive team culture” – 96% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
- A meaningful job that inspires hope and strengthens lives
- A positive culture and supportive environment that offers flexibility
- A generous vacation entitlement (entry-level full-time employees can expect to receive 3 weeks paid vacation to start)
- A commitment to wellness in the workplace as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities
- *A comprehensive benefits package including extended healthcare and dental coverage *Available to permanent employees after fulfilling necessary probation period
- RBT/BCBA Supervision available
Job Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Implement programs under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor and Senior Therapist
- Work in a small group setting (1:4 ratio) along-side an Early Childhood Educator to deliver ABA-based services
- Implement programming in the domains of communication, play, social, motor, behaviour management and personal independence, following naturalistic developmental behavioural intervention strategies
- Lead classroom activities in conjunction with the Early Childhood Educator
- Keep accurate data, and graphs, update client notes and hours and prepare materials for clients
- Participate in family observations
- Manage challenging behaviours following NVCI principals and support medically fragile learners
- Provide quality and supportive programming
- Contribute to a positive and team-based working environment
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis obtained by completion of the Autism and Behavioural Sciences certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months practical/applied experience in the field of ABA
- Professional experience working with children with autism
- Registered Behaviour Technician is an asset (supervision will be provided to obtain and maintain active RBT status)
- Knowledge and experience implementing the Early Start Denver Model/NDBI treatment modalities is an asset
- Practical experience in collecting, graphing and analyzing data
- Current certification in first aid, CPR, non-violent crisis prevention intervention (NVCI) would be an asset
- Ability to communicate well with families, co-workers and supervisors
- Capacity to navigate technology quickly and efficiently, including excel, google docs/sheets and various apps used for communication
- Previous Health & Safety experience an asset
- Current Police Check, including vulnerable screening
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to Ashley Silva at email@example.com (including ‘Entry to School – ABA Therapist’ in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.