Visit our new SNAP website!
What is SNAP?
SNAP© (Stop Now and Plan) is a proven program that teaches children with behavioural problems, and their parents, how to make better choices ‘in the moment’. The program benefits children and youth who are acting out by focusing on regulating emotions and teaching them to stop, think, and plan positive alternatives before they act impulsively.
Results show that boys and girls who learn SNAP© are less aggressive, have more pro-social friendships, are less anxious, are better at controlling their anger, are better students, and associate with positive peers.
Woodview’s SNAP© program is provided in partnership with Six Nations of the Grand River
SNAP© Program Components:
- SNAP© Boys / SNAP Girls Groups
- SNAP© Parenting Group
- Individual Child Counselling / Mentoring and Community Connections
- School Advocacy / Teacher Support
- SNAP© Parenting: Family Counselling
- Long Term Connections / Continued Care
Brantford, Brant County, and Six Nations of the Grand River
For More Information