School Based Supports Brant
What is School Based Supports?
This program provides support to students from grades JK to 12 in the Grand Erie District School Board and the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board. Woodview provides services in Brantford and Brant County. Services in Haldimand and Norfolk are provided by REACH.
Services are for children and youth who are experiencing mental health symptoms and whose daily life is being negatively impacted.
Support can be provided in a variety of formats to accommodate and best support the student, family and school staff.
The type of service offered will be determined in collaboration with the school, student and family. Support can be provided to students and families throughout the year, not just the school year.
The services are available for students who:
- Find mental health issues impact their academic achievement
- Have difficulty functioning within their family due to effects of mental health problems
- Have thoughts of self-harm
- Lack coping and problem-solving strategies
- Struggle with peer relations
Services may include:
- Individual, family and/or group counselling
- Brief counseling addressing mental health concerns, including anxiety, depression, behaviour
- Support during transition times
- Education, training and support to school staff
- Social skills
- Anger management
- Peer relationship skills
- Parenting education and training individually or in groups
- In-home support
- Resources and information
How to Make a Referral
Referrals are made directly to the program by the school boards.