Day Treatment Hamilton
What are Day Treatment Programs?
Day Treatment programs are comprehensive therapeutic school-based programs operated in partnership with the Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board. Services are for youth from grades 7 to 10 who are experiencing significant social, emotional and/or behavioural problems and have difficulty managing in a regular school setting. Services are provided to the youth and their family. The goal of the program is to reintegrate the youth successfully into an appropriate school setting.
The programs focus on:
- Social skills
- Peer relationships
- Individualized educational plan
- Individual and family counseling
- Parenting strategies and support
- Recreational activities
- Delta Transitions (grades 7 and 8) and Delta Day Treatment (grades 9 and 10)
- Mountain Day Treatment (grades 7 to 10)
How to Make a Referral
To make a referral, please call Contact Hamilton at 905-570-8888